Friday, December 7, 2012

Reading Break part II (Breaking Reading part II? *cackle* *snort* ... Never mind.)

Can we ever have enough books?  Or posts about books?

Nope.

Thus: part II!

(A lot of these have 2013 release dates, so they'll probably be moved to my summer reading list.  But let's not quibble over details.)  (Quibble.  Quibble.  Quibble.  Quibble.  Melikes that word.)


Whafa.  A nightmare?  As a main character?  I must read this!  Please, please, please though, I beg you, please.  No love triangle.  No steamy, unrealistic, eye-rolling, fake romantic dialog.  Please.  Because "Eli" is described in the blurb as "hot," and I'm worried.  Don't be that kind of hot, Eli.  The world is asking.


Things that sound interesting: mist-shrouded castle, telepathic golden rats, bringing back the sun, ghosts and misfits.  Things that sound slightly overused: flaming red hair, main character "not who she thinks she is," and an ancient prophecy.  Weigh it out on the scales... eh.  The cover looks cool.  *cackle*  I do judge by the cover. #I'msoevil

Medieval world of forgotten magic.  The chessboard of the gods.  The spider queen.  An evil puppeteer.  An intriguing cover.  (Okay, you're probably tired of that.  I'll stop.)  Tempted?  Just a wee little bit /sarcasm.


It's about a bounty hunter.  'Nuff said.


*squee*  THE COVER!  LOOK AT THE COVER!  Okay, so I've never been a big fan of werewolves, but LOOK AT THE COVER.  Is that the Eiffel Tower?!  I think that's the Eiffel Tower!  And a full moon!  AND THE RIPS OH MY GOSH THE RIPS LIKE TEETH!  Well, actually, probably claws.  But "The Night has Claws" doesn't have quite the same ring to it.


I think this is my only middle-grade fiction that I've listed.  I'm such a hypocrite.  Anyhow, three brilliant kids are on a mission!  At least, that's what the blurb said, so I'm not sure who the fourth bloke is.  They probably just stuck him on the cover because they needed someone to hold the flashlight and everyone else was busy.  That's my theory.

Any books you're looking forward to reading?

No comments: